What Happened to Sunday?

February 12, 2007

Gone, in the blink of an eye…we seemed to have lost Sunday.

It started out as an OK day. I hadn’t had much sleep though and we were on the brink of being diaper-less…only one diaper left, I had thought…it seemed as though I would have to stay home from church to wash a load of diapers…then I found a stray diaper in the diaper bag and in less than 15 minutes Raleigh and I were ready to leave for church with Josh.

We sat closer to the band and Raleigh loved it. He almost seemed to be dancing to the music while he sat in my lap. He made it all the way to the sermon before he started getting cranky…still, his cranky wasn’t like the cranky kids that I heard in the back of the church. After the sermon, when the music started again, he became a happy baby again (I’m sure his Grandfather Steve will be happy to hear that his first Grandson enjoys music so much).

At the end of the service, we had a number of cooing women come up to see Raleigh, who, by that time, was completely curled-up-in-a-ball asleep. Here are a few of the comments that we heard:

“Ohhhh, I have never seen such a perfect baby before.”
“He looks like Steve.”
“You can tell he’s Josh’s baby.”
“He’s a content baby isn’t he?”
“He sure likes music.”

I have to admit it…I love hearing people say that my baby is perfect. But getting back to the reason that I’m blogging at 4:30 am…

After church, we ate lunch, but then I needed a nap so I left Josh and Raleigh together with some expressed breast milk. Eventually, Josh and Raleigh joined me in my nap. What began as an innocent nap turned into a almost 5 hour sleep session. We all woke up again at 6:30 p.m. YIKES! That’s not what was supposed to happen! We slept our Sunday away.

Raleigh was on his last diaper and needed to be changed, so I removed the soiled diaper and reached to grab for a clean one…oh no! there weren’t any clean diapers!…I had forgotten to put the diapers into the dryer before I took my nap.

Now, what a quandry to be in! Thank heaven for the cloth changing pads. I simply placed the cloth pad in my lap and placed Raleigh on that and hoped that he wouldn’t pee or poop before his diapers were dry. I didn’t get what I had hoped for and Josh and I had a good laugh because of it.

With the diaper-less incident over and done with, around 11 p.m., I was starting to get sleepy. Raleigh and I ended up going to bed around 1 a.m. and we were both able to get to sleep right away. Josh joined us shortly after.

Raleigh woke up at his normal time ready to eat (about 4 a.m.). He fell back asleep right away after the feeding, but I am completely awake and sitting at my computer enjoying writing every word of this lengthy blog. It seems like it’s been a while since I’ve had a blog with more than a hundred words in it.

Here are some pictures of Raleigh in the Vikings outfit that Josh dressed him in today.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: